[ddj] Articles about data journalism

MC Online mcsportal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:21:32 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

I am Aida Kalender, editor in chief of web portal MC Online (www.media.ba)
of Mediacentar Sarajevo.

In the following months we would like to publish a series of articles about
data journalism at our portal. Since this is completely new topic in the
regin of former Yugoslavia, we wold like to ask you to write for us a
couple of short, educational texts which will introduce the topic to the
local media scene, and present the most relevant tools and cases of good
practices of data journalism.

We kindly ask you to contribute to our effort to educate journalists and
media professionals about data journalism by writing 3-5 educational peaces
(up to 800 words).

Since our portal is offering educational texts to journalists, students of
journalism and media professionals in the region of former Yugoslavia free
of charge (we are not commercial web site), we can offer you only modest
fee for your articles- 85 EUR (netto) per piece (up to 800 words.) Texts
would be published both in English and in local language
(Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian).

I hope you would accept our offer to contribute to our web portal. I kindly
ask you to let me know as soon as possible if you can write 3-5 articles
for our web portal and deliver it to us sucessively (one by one) until the
end of September 2012.

Thank you very much in advance for your quick and positive response.

With best regards,

Aida Kalender, ed. in chief MC Online (www.media.ba)
email address: aida.kalender at media.ba