[ddj] Fwd: The worlds of hackers and journalists are coming together...

Jan Michael Ihl jmi at jmi.cc
Fri Jun 22 15:55:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

there’s already an event series called "Daten & Journalisten" in Berlin (http://ddjberlin.tumblr.com) and Hamburg.

There were some meet-ups on DDJ in Berlin before though less formal, but when we launched "Daten & Journalisten", the idea was to meet at Berlin-based journalism outlets – as we did at the taz newspaper in January. Last meet-up was at Re-publica in May. Currently there seems to be summer break.

Before creating the name "Daten & Journalisten" we considered H/H but decided against as the word hacks doesn't seem to be a commonly known synonym for journalists in Germany.

Anyway if there will be H/H events in Berlin I am curious and will try to attend (though I am currently in Turkey about every 2nd month). Maybe both event series can be merged sooner or later. Or thrive in co-existence with different focus or concept (or just differing in working language).

Best, Jan Michael

--
Jan Michael Ihl
Landline +49 30 20237870