[ddj] Chinese Translation of DJH

崔岸雍 ayay412 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:05:41 UTC 2012

Dear  Liliana and whom it may concerned
    Hi, I'm a student from Communication University of China, and will go
to City Uni of HK for MA in Sept.. I really appreciate your great works
about DDJ which is pretty helpful for anyone who is interested in the area.
Therefore, I've founded a project “Data Journalism in China" which aims at
promoting the development of DDJ with Clement *Sharism Lab, *Yeeyan.org(a
crowdsourse Chinese translation website and e-publisher) and Datablog of
163.com <http://data.163.com/>(the ddj initiative and maybe the best
practicer in China). At the first stage of the project from now to the end
of 2012, the translation of DJH and the video Journalism in the Age of Data
is in progress and the localization of data journalism(practice
experience conclusion and local theory construction) is being prepared. The
current progress is that, up to now, we have recruited over 15 volunteer
translators for DJH whose background are Journalism and Communication study
and English major. Then, the translation will be finished in next month.
   However, Something about DJH translation needs to discuss with you. We'd
like to add more localized articles into DJH especially in "getting data"
and Chinese ddj case study under the instruction of Chinese journalism and
communication professors as the Chinese edition's DJH. Another thing is
that we want to e-publish the Chinese DJH by *Byte Press *
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zi-jie-she/id514339344?mt=8 . Of course,
audience can read it for free. So..Are these thing all right?
   Thx very much and look forward to your reply and advice.

Best Regards.

Cui Anyong
Twitter @ayay412
Sina Weibo  @小雍子