[ddj] First meeting of the OKFN local group in Canada : Montréal, july 9

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 01:08:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
[Sorry for cross-posting]

On May 20th, the Open Knowledge Foundation Network (OKFN) has appointed
me as the Ambassador for the local group in Canada (ca.okfn.org). After
having set up a mailing list [okfn-ca] and a Website under the OKFN
umbrella, I organized the kick-off meeting of the local group in Canada.
This to be held on July 9th at Montreal with video conferencing
possibility linking with other groups or individuals, both in French and
English.

Information and registration :
http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Montreal-CA/968442/

There are many Canadians who advocate for open knowledge that are
scattered throughout many OKFN working groups, tasks forces and other
forms of communities. I now take the initiative to post an invitation to
everyone asking to join the OKFN local group in Canada.

I would also appreciate if you relay this invitation within your own
network of open activists in Canada.

Lastly, I warmly encourage you to contribute to our discussions list. I
am also available for individual discussion especially on goals and
vision, and will appreciate any suggestion.

Sincerely,

--
Dr Diane Mercier
Ph.D. Information sciences

Ambassador of the Open Knowledge Foundation - Local Group in Canada
Profile : http://okfn.org/members/dianemercier
Blog : http://ca.okfn.org

Open data project manager of Ville de Montréal
Open Data Portal : http://donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca
Blog : http://dianemercier.com
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
Skype : dianemercier
Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier

« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts»