[ddj] Shameless self promotion: Scraping databases with no coding necessary

David Weisz davidaaronweisz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:03:35 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

Duke University's Reporters' Lab just published a *post mortem* - style
blog I did regarding the comparative merits of Helium Scraper and Outwit
Hub Pro, two - premium, "front-end" scrapers that allow you to scrape with
virtually no coding experience necessary (although it definitely helps if
you understand HTML/CSS/Javascript structure). I recently used Helium
Scraper for a large project that should be out in the next month, and I've
found Outwit Hub is great for image extraction. You can check out the post
here: http://www.reporterslab.org/scraping-roundup/