[ddj] data-driven-journalism Digest, Vol 24, Issue 17

Mariano Blejman marianet at he.net
Mon Mar 25 14:05:19 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm a co-founder of Hacks/Hackers Buenos Aires (1700
members)<http://meetupba.hackshackers.com>that is going to have two
years of life this Friday. We've learned a lot in
the process and we wanted to share some tips. So I wrote a post published
today through IJNet about what worked for us in terms of building
communities <https://ijnet.org/blog/tips-launching-hackshackers-chapter>. I
think that this could be helpful for the people in this list, and most if
are based in any Latin American country.

This 2013 I will be running a news innovation program for Latin
America.<http://www.icfj.org/our-work/argentina-launch-innovation-challenge-promote-development-digital-media-latin-america>Part
of this process is to encourage people in this region (journalists,
designers and developers) to open Hacks/Hackers chapters to increase the
size of the network of innovation.

FYI: I will be organizing events and hackathons this year, so if you have
plans for Latin America please let me know.

Cheers
---
Mariano Blejman - @blejman
Knight International Journalism Fellow