[ddj] DATA JOURNALISM & OPEN DATA DAYS in Spain

nuria gutierrez nuria_gut at yahoo.es
Sun May 12 18:10:19 UTC 2013

Hi DDJ community,

I’m writing to you to let you know that Spain is about
to welcome the biggest event to date on data journalism in the
country. The DATA JOURNALISM & OPEN DATA DAYS (organised by the
Spanish chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation) will take place on May
24-26th in Barcelona and Madrid. Find out more here, just in case you want
to join us: http://periodismodatos.okfn.es.
We will also host the first ever DDJ HACKATHON in
the country (http://periodismodatos.okfn.es/hackathon).
It will happen simultaneously in three cities Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla,
with prizes to the best projects.

The main event will happen in Barcelona, where there
will be experts from all arround the world like James Ball, Michael
Bauer orManuel Aristarán, as well as members of the Carto DB team
and of Civio Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to promote engaged
citizenry through public transparency. There will be conferences and
many workshops, including one on how to run a crowdfunding campaign for data journalism projects.

Some of the events will be streamed, so we'll keep you
posted on the link. But we'd love to see you in Barcelona! Come and join us!

Cheers,

Nuria Gutiérrez