[ddj] Postgrad course in data visualization

Conchita Catalan ccgbcn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 22:35:31 UTC 2013

Hello,
Happy to see that some of us decided to stay in this list ;) I am passing
onto you information about a postgrad course in data visualization in
Barcelona (in Spanish)
All the best,
Concha Catalan

We are preparing the second edition of the postgraduate course in
Information Visualization at the Idec of Universitat Pompeu Fabra in
Barcelona (
http://www.idec.upf.edu/programa-de-postgrado-de-visualizacion-de-la-informacion).
The course is given in Spanish, and it is targeted to a wide audience, with
technical and no technical skills. We cover all aspects from the theory of
data visualization, going through the process of gathering, manipulating
and representing information as well as some usability aspects.

During the course we also cover some of the available tools as well as some
basic notions of programming to allow the students to decide the
environment that better suits their skills, background and needs, as well
as to have a deep knowledge of what can be done with what tool.

The enrolment process finishes next week!
More info can be found here:
http://www.idec.upf.edu/programa-de-postgrado-de-visualizacion-de-la-informacion

Víctor Pascual Cid
Academic Coordinator