[ddj] Launched Today: A GeoJournalism Handbook

Walter Teixeira Lima Junior digital at walterlima.jor.br
Wed Sep 25 21:16:03 UTC 2013

Dear

Amazing publication... thank very much.

Walter Lima

On
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:51:15 -0400, William Shubert
(wshubert at INTERNEWS.ORG) wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I think I might
try to break the chain and provaide some data journalism information to
the listserv. This is why we are affirming allegiance, yes?

> Today,
a handbook on GeoJournalism (the synthesis of spatial data and
storytelling) was released by the Brazilian environmental news agency O
Eco. The handbook hosts a number of tutorials tailored for environmental
topics. They are meant to be an invitation to the environmental
journalism community into the great big world of data journalism and its
many forms and functions. It is now available in English and Portuguese
and was supported by ICFJ, the European Youth Press (Flag It! Program),
and Internews' Earth Journalism Network.

http://geojournalism.oeco.org.br/ [1]

> Among the contributions are:

> Gustavo Faleiros: journalist with O Eco and project leader for
InfoAmazonia

> Mariana Santos: Knight International Journalism
Fellow and member of the Guardian Interactive Team

> Mikel Maron and
Erica Hagen: the duo behind the Ground Truth Initiative, the MapKiberia
project, and many an edit of OpenSteetMap

> Michael Bauer: Data
wrangle with the Open Knowledge Foundation & School of Data

> Willie
Shubert: Myself, the coordinator of Internews Earth Journalism Network

> Gabriel Gianordoli: A designer and web developer currently
pursuing a masters at Parsons The New School of Design

> And
hopefully many more. This set of tutorials is set to grow over time and
we welcome thoughts, comments, critiques.

> Also if we had an email
list you could let us know if you do or don't want to be on it any more.

Prof. dr. Walter Teixeira Lima Junior
Docente do Programa de
Pós-graduação Universidade Metodista de São
Paulo
Pesquisador-colaborador do Centro de Matemática, Computação e
Cognição da UFABC
Pesquisador PQ Nível 2 CNPq
www.walterlima.net

Links: