[ddj] Infogr.am has acquired Visualoop, a Brazilian data visualisation news site!

Beāte Manguse beate at infogr.am
Thu Dec 4 08:00:27 UTC 2014

December 3, Riga. Infogr.am, the company behind the popular infographic
creator, has acquired Visualoop.com, one of the leading data visualisation
news sites from Brazil. The website covers infographics and data
visualisation in English and Portuguese languages.

“Our ambition is to make Visualoop the leading data visualisation blog in
the World,” says Uldis Leiterts, co-founder and CEO of Infogr.am: “It would
strengthen our presence in Brazil, it would also support the social mission
of Infogr.am to educate and raise the overall interest in data
visualization”.

Along with acquisition Infogr.am reveals a Portuguese version it’s
web-based infographic creator. The Infogr.am is already available in
English and Japanese languages. Visualoop was acquired in cash and stock
deal and Infogr.am plans to invest in the website to assure it’sleading
position in data visualization news coverage.

More information you can find in the .pdf file attached below.