[ddj] Collaborative data journalism platform launches in the run-up to the European elections in May

Aleksandra Wisniewska wisniewska.aleks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:48:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Las week we have launched FactCheckEU, Europe's first crowd-factchecking
platform. In the run-up to the European Parliament elections in May, our
site will monitor politicians' statements on European issues and measure
whether they are getting their facts straight. You can visit our website
at: www.factcheckeu.org and follow us on Twitter
@FactCheckEU<https://twitter.com/FactcheckEU>
.

FactCheckEU is born out of the belief that as the EU becomes ever more
integrated, it is increasingly essential to develop watchdogs capable of
monitoring the political debate.

Users have a key role to play on this website: they can upload statements,
verify them alongside the FactCheckEU team and translate them into six
languages. For more details, have a look at the 'community' section and this
Prezi<http://prezi.com/hmbntoq2qxp2/another-factchecking-website/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy>.
You can register and fact-check with us.

The project is run by NumbersEU, a Brussels-based non-profit organisation
set up by PagellaPolitica, Italy's top factchecking website. It is made
possible thanks to a generous grant from the German foundation 'Stiftung
Mercator'.

For any inquiries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!

Kind regards,

Aleksandra

Aleksandra Wisniewska
Fact-checker & Social Media Editor