[ddj] GUI database tools for newsrooms

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Fri Apr 17 07:49:04 UTC 2015

I'm looking for a secure hosted database service ideally running Postgres
in the backend which could be queried and updated using SQL commands but
also had a graphical interface for users not familiar with SQL who can
easily run queries and export to CSV. It's for journalists I'm working with
who have various datasets currently in Excel which is a nightmare for
simultaneous work and is exceptionally brittle.

I'm aware of the the PANDA project <http://pandaproject.net/>, wondered if
anyone else had any tooling/service tips?

Sam

--

*Sam LeonSenior analyst & trainer | skype: samedleon  |  @Noel_Mas
<https://twitter.com/noel_mas>The Open Knowledge Foundation