[ddj] Interactive design job at South Florida Sun Sentinel

Sanchez, Danny dSanchez at sun-sentinel.com
Thu Aug 13 15:41:43 UTC 2015

Hi everyone, we have an opening for an interactive designer at SunSentinel.com, located in lovely, beachside Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Job description:

Multimedia Designer

The Sun Sentinel is looking for a standout multimedia designer to join our small interactive team.

Here's what you can expect: No day is the same. Some days you may be designing longform narratives, other days you may tackle data visualization or building apps. We're looking for someone who cares deeply about user experience and can find the best way to tell the story.

You'll work closely with reporters and editors to shape and develop content. We work with every department in the newsroom (news, investigative, sports, business, features and more) so there are unending opportunities to create meaningful work. Our work ranges from serious to silly and everything in between.

We're looking for someone with strong design skills and experience implementing your designs on the web. Since you'll be juggling multiple projects at once, we need someone who pays attention to detail and loves collaborating with other journalists.

The interactive team is relatively new. Here are things we've made in the past two years: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/interactive/ But we're always moving forward. We're experimental and like thinking outside the box. With every project, we learn from our mistakes and refine out processes. It's a fast-moving environment that constantly drives you to be better at what you do. We want people who have ideas and aren't afraid to try them.

Experience with HTML, CSS and JavaScript are important, and other programming languages and open-source tools are helpful.

Apply here: https://careers-tribunepublishing.icims.com/jobs/43106/designer%2c-multimedia/job or contact David Schutz, design director, at dschutz at sun-sentinel.com<mailto:dschutz at sun-sentinel.com> and 954-356-4046.

Danny Sanchez
Audience Development Manager
Sun Sentinel Media Group | Orlando Sentinel Media Group
500 E. Broward Blvd. | Fort Lauderdale | Florida | 33394
::  o  954 356 4818
::  t   @dannysanchez

SunSentinel.com<http://www.sun-sentinel.com/>
OrlandoSentinel.com<http://www.orlandosentinel.com/>