[ddj] Job opening at the Financial Times in London

Martin Stabe martinstabe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:02:41 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

We are hiring a developer-journalist to join us at the Financial Times in
London.

It's a great job: You'd be working with our  interactive/news apps/etc team
working on data journalism projects that collaborate with all parts of a
global news organisation, from helping our investigations team crunch large
datasets to building interactive data visualisations with our graphics team.

You'd also collaborate closely with a second team of developers we've just
created in the newsroom, which builds tools for journalists (as opposed to
the code-as-content we produce).

The way we work is that some members of our team are formally part of the
FT technology department, but are permanently seconded to the newsroom.
This is one of those jobs.

The official ad is here:

http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/89441/newsroom-developer-front-end-interactive-financial-times

If this sounds interesting, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have
any questions!

==
Martin Stabe
Head of Interactive News
Financial Times
Tel. +44 (0)7799 764576 <+44%20(0)7799%20764576>
ft.com/interactive |  twitter.com/martinstabe