[ddj] Use cases of an open business registry

François Paquot Francois at paquot.be
Mon May 11 15:02:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Some national business registries across the world are releasing their
data as open data.

In order to assess the quality of an open data initiative, I would need
some insights about the uses journalists could have of a business registry.

Could some of you take a couple of minutes in order to describe what
particular use you would have of an open business registry ? What data
would be of particular interest to you ? With what data would you maybe
match them and for what purpose ?

With my best thanks for your attention to my request, and for anything
you can do to help me,

François Paquot