[ddj] National Maker Faire (Sensor Journalism perhaps?)

Lea Shanley lashanley at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:27:26 UTC 2015

Calling all Makers - Please see below for info on the National Maker Faire
and apply by May 18th!  Or host your own maker faire during the national
Week of Making (June 12-18).

-- Lea Shanley, Presidential Innovation Fellow @ NASA

---------------

Just a reminder that if there are Makers you think would be great to be
exhibitors at the National Maker Faire, if you could encourage them to
complete the call for Makers application at www.nationalmakerfaire.com
<https://mail02.ndc.nasa.gov/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=IFBIOKPJUZ5dD-NQEFBzILrgeHBTypcuWSsAaXCivxH1wgn5QlnSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBuAGEAdABpAG8AbgBhAGwAbQBhAGsAZQByAGYAYQBpAHIAZQAuAGMAbwBtAA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nationalmakerfaire.com>,
that would be great. *The deadline is May 18**th.*

We’re hoping to have Makers from every state represented and there are
still a number of states where we’re missing submissions- if you know
Makers in these states, please encourage them to apply: Alabama, Alaska,
Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana,
Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma,
Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin,
Wyoming
(U.S. territories would be great too! Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin
Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa)

We’re also encouraging organizations in communities around the country to
host activities, workshops and events during the Week of Making (June
12-18) and share these details at www.weekofmaking.org
<https://mail02.ndc.nasa.gov/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=Id95oy6s6GC8dhi1vyc4vK6Z2lI7cGNu7cQmhd6v3Sj1wgn5QlnSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgB3AGUAZQBrAG8AZgBtAGEAawBpAG4AZwAuAG8AcgBnAA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.weekofmaking.org>.
 Let’s make sure people in every community across the country have an
opportunity to Make during Week of Making!