[ddj] DDJ Training 12-20 November Berlin

Ilma Siriga isiriga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:43:14 UTC 2016

Hi Anastasia,

I am writing to you from Papua New Guinea to ask if there is any
possibility for such a Training to be offered to us in the Pacific Region.

Data journalism is new to us and hardly used in our reporting and on behalf
of journalists and PR officers in my region I am enquiring as I know it
will tremendously be a great way forward for us.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ilma Siriga
PR & Communications Officer
Climate Change & Development Authority
Port Moresby
Papua New Guinea

email: isiriga at gmail.com
Tel: +675 75333066

On 16 Aug 2016 4:14 pm, "Anastasia Valeeva" <anastasiya.valeeva at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> A while ago we were reaching out to you with an idea for a
data-journalist training.
> Thank you everyone who came back to us - it worked out and the project is
on!

> This training will take place from 12 to 20 November 2016 in Berlin.
> It is called 'Data Driven Journalism Against Prejudices About Migration'.
> Participants will learn ddj skills and apply them working on a real-life
story about refugee/migration issues.

> This call is open for:
>
> -Young media-makers, journalism students, bloggers and citizen
journalists with demonstrated interest in issues related to the rights of
ethnic minorities, migrants and refugees; Human rights activists working
with refugees’/migration issues; Developers concerned by the topic.
> -Between 18-30 years old;
> -Residents of Czech Republic, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Armenia,
Ukraine, Montenegro, Slovakia, Denmark and Latvia;
> -Proficient in English;
>
> Apply before 31 August via this link:
> http://www.youthpress.org/call-participants-data-driven-journalism/
<http://www.youthpress.org/call-participants-data-driven-journalism/>