[ddj] Iris API

Hedeer El-Showk hedeer at elshowk.com
Tue Dec 6 16:26:41 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on ddj, thanks for all the interesting
posts and conversations!

My company recently released Iris API (http://iris.lore.ai) a free
full-text search API which for now has SEC Filings (around a years
worth), News (also around a years worth), and Fed speechs, press
releases etc.  We aren't charging and we won't charge for anything which
is free and public domain so this isn't a product pitch but I would love
to hear your feedback!

Full disclosure, we may eventually try to charge for more advanced NLP
analytics on top of the data (we are an NLP company after all) or see if
publishers want to sell their docs on the platform but that won't be for
a while.  For now, we're much more interested in seeing if anyone would
actually use a service like this and if so, what data sources they are
interested in.  I figured ddj would be a great group to reach out to for
feedback.

So far, we've come up with a few ideas such as legislative documents,
PLOS, and a bunch of random publications from international
organizations (WHO, WTO, UN, etc.).  We aren't sure what the appetite is
for those particular collections and it does take a bit of time & effort
to set things up so we're trying to see if users have other ideas first.
 If any of you have suggestions/thoughts/comments I'd love to hear back
from you, hedeer at lore.ai.  Thanks!

Best,
Hedeer