[ddj] DDJ ethical guide ?

Cedric Motte newsressources at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:01:32 UTC 2016

Hi all,

as a journalist I always have some ethical issues when I'm working with
data. I know that practices are differents depending on the laws of each
country - for example regarding anonymization of data.

Do you know if there is any "data journalism best practices / ethical
guide" wich could contains the following points ? (you can add yours here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/171DM-f4D2h41n0rITbD1TTpe8PBaiv4dij-inem0dLc/edit
 )

. publishing a side post that explain how you obtain the dataset and work
on it
. giving an access to the raw dataset
. making peer review on the process of data manipulation
. working with a data scientist to double check your data manipulation

Thanks a lot,

Cedric
--
Cedric