[datahub-discuss] The DataHub, Organizations and Linked Data cloud

Antoine Isaac antoine.isaac at laposte.net
Wed Oct 23 21:03:24 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

This is a bottle in the sea... I'm not sure what has happen with thedatahub recently. I apologize if you're already aware of this...

So. There has been a change about Groups, now migrated to organizations
http://blog.datahub.io/2013/10/08/organizations-upgrade/
For example
http://datahub.io/group/lodcloud
is also now
http://datahub.io/organization/lodcloud

But what has happened to group membership in the process?

I am one of the owners of a group that seems to have shrunk a lot in the process:
http://datahub.io/group/lld
(before it was rather like http://datahub.io/dataset?tags=lld)

I believe the LOD Cloud group/organization (252 sets now) is also smaller than what it used to be.

In fact I also own a dataset that used to be in the LOD Cloud and the Library Linked Data group:
http://datahub.io/dataset/europeana-lod
Now it seems to belong only to one organization, the Bibliography Data one.

I don't know if this could explain why the LOD Cloud validator likes my dataset much less than what it used to:
http://validator.lod-cloud.net/validate.php?package=europeana-lod

I'd have investigated further, but the log in has also changed. I was using an MyOpenID one, and this seems to have changed also :-(

Cheers,

Antoine