[datahub-discuss] The DataHub, Organizations and Linked Data cloud

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Oct 24 13:15:21 UTC 2013

@Antoine: i'd suggest using tags for straightforward listing and
organization structure for more standard "ownership" style setup. I
understand this loses a little bit from the group setup but it brings a lot
of benefits and reduces conceptual complexity substantially.

Rufus

On 23 October 2013 22:38, Antoine Isaac <aisaac at few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> I was not an admin of LOD Cloud, just of Library Linked Data. Perhaps this
> point is still ok, though I'm not sure (I'll send you my login details
> offline).
>
> Having datasets in one organization/group is pretty harsh, indeed. It
> might be hard to attribute some datasets to one group in particular. The
> Europeana-LOD one is certainly a Library Linked Data one, but it needs to
> be in the LOD Cloud and for this belong to this group...
>
> For the validator perhaps Anja and Richard will know, and tell me it's my
> dataset ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>

>  Hi,
>>
>> I can add you as an admin of lodcloud, it should have happened
>> automatically during the migration, but I obviously screwed up somewhere.
>>  Apologies for the inconvenience, it was a pretty hairy migration.
>>
>> I won’t have time this evening, but I’ll find all of the ones tagged as
>> you suggest and move them into that org. Unfortunately a constraint of the
>> new organisation structure is that datasets can only belong to one
>> organisation.  I realise this is pretty harsh, but once we can correctly
>> secure the creation of groups it may be easier to curate them in this way.
>>
>> If the LOD Cloud Validator is just using the package name to look up the
>> package, it shouldn’t make any difference that it belonge to an
>> organisation. The API response has changed minimally (it has a new field).
>>
>> Could you email me (offlist) your current datahub.io username? I
>>  haven’t touched any of the OpenID stuff so if it was working before it
>> should still be working now - I’ll have to investigate.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ross
>>
>> On 23 Oct 2013, at 22:03, Antoine Isaac <antoine.isaac at laposte.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> This is a bottle in the sea... I'm not sure what has happen with
>>> thedatahub recently. I apologize if you're already aware of this...
>>>
>>> So. There has been a change about Groups, now migrated to organizations
>>> http://blog.datahub.io/2013/**10/08/organizations-upgrade/<http://blog.datahub.io/2013/10/08/organizations-upgrade/>
>>> For example
>>> http://datahub.io/group/**lodcloud <http://datahub.io/group/lodcloud>
>>> is also now
>>> http://datahub.io/**organization/lodcloud<http://datahub.io/organization/lodcloud>
>>>
>>> But what has happened to group membership in the process?
>>>
>>> I am one of the owners of a group that seems to have shrunk a lot in the
>>> process:
>>> http://datahub.io/group/lld
>>> (before it was rather like http://datahub.io/dataset?**tags=lld<http://datahub.io/dataset?tags=lld>
>>> )
>>>
>>> I believe the LOD Cloud group/organization (252 sets now) is also
>>> smaller than what it used to be.

> [...]

*

Rufus Pollock

Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|