[datahub-discuss] The DataHub, Organizations and Linked Data cloud

Antoine Isaac aisaac at few.vu.nl
Thu Oct 24 15:22:19 UTC 2013

Hi Rufus,

Tagging may work  for groups like the Library Linked Data one, which indeed was a loosely defined inventory on top of the LOD CLoud group.

But the LOD CLoud group was involving more control and curation. Yet it doesn't "own" datasets... but I won't talk for Richard and Anja further.

Actually, focusing on "ownership" may also create its problems. With all my admiration for work of the OKFN bibliographic data group, it doesn't own The Europeana LOD pilot, so I'd have to create my own organization, and reclaim the Europeana LOD dataset.

Maybe that's more a problem of migrating the existing data. I understand it was certainly not an easy task for you, but understanding why some datasets ended up in some organizations and not others could help. Perhaps it would have been better to just put all existing datasets in the Global organization, create temporary 'group-tags' to allow groups to reconstitute themselves as organizations if they want. And send notifications to admin of datasets and groups. Actually a nudge for the current changes wouldn't hurt, still now!

Cheers,

Antoine