[datahub-discuss] DataHub - Spam Issue (plus introduction)

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 14:01:46 UTC 2013

Hi Kim,

I've got a change coming up that will allow certain users the right to delete spam items directly from the search results - this might speed up the deletion of spam, and should mean that there's no need to visit each one individually to delete it.

I was playing with the idea of moderating each user's first submission (after which it won't be moderated), and so if this approach appears to be usable we'll also end up with a moderation queue which might need keeping clean.  If you have more ideas on what might stop spam submissions appearing too prominently, please do shout.

We're maintaining a list of issues and ideas at https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datahub/issues, please feel free to add some if you know of any :)  As soon as I've got the new change live I'll collect everyone's usernames together and assign the appropriate permissions.

Ross