[datahub-discuss] Datahubio outdated datasets

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Tue Aug 19 09:19:26 UTC 2014

Tim,

> On 18 Aug 2014, at 17:06, Timothy Lebo <lebot at rpi.edu> wrote:
> Is it appropriate to *delete* these?

In my eyes, yes, deletion is appropriate.

> Perhaps just tag and remove from groups as appropriate?

That will still make them show up in searches on the Datahub. Users would have no idea that the record exists just for historic reasons. A special tag or group is essentially invisible to users, except to the three or four experts who know to look for it.

> It would be nice to have some historical perspective on outdated LOD datasets.

I agree.

There are many ways of achieving this goal. For example, save periodic snapshots of the CKAN API results for a dataset search over the lod/lodcloud groups.

We have some dusty code somewhere that can convert the CKAN JSON to VoID, so it would be possible to create historical VoID views onto the Datahub metadata.

Are there any volunteers willing to work on something like that?

Best,
Richard