[datahub-discuss] Harvesting datasets into datahub

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Sat Sep 26 14:48:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've just installed and enabled the CKAN Harvester on datahub.io, but currently just with the CKAN harvester.  Because the machine that datahub is on isn't ideal with the extra work of harvesting (it's on the ever-increasing task list) there's no immediate/easy way to get to the harvesting page so that it doesn't get abused ... obviously it's not hard to find if you want it *cough*http://datahub.io/harvest*cough* but right now it's best not to make it too obvious.

If you want to harvest somewhere, or particularly want installation of another harvester type (I think there's one for data.json, and some geo stuff) then please shout and I'll help you get it set up.  This should make it a lot easier for importing any of the old ckan.net sites that are still out there.

Cheers

Ross