[drn-discuss] Anti creative commons piece in the register

Nathan Lewis nathan_lewis at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 17:11:16 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

The Register today is running a piece slamming the Creative Commons
license. They promote at the outset the myth that artists have to
choose between using the CC and making money.

I just wrote a response to the author pointing out that these were the
same false arguments made against Free/Open source software which were
proven wrong and also provided the following link
http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2004/julaug/farm/news/
lessig.html as further evidence.

Here is a link to their unfair piece
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/29/
creativity_computers_copyright_letters/

It appears to be their answer to letters from an earlier story. Still I
hope others will also write to counter false statements about the CC
license.

Cheers,

Nathan