[drn-discuss] Some recent press stories

Andrea Rota a.rota at lse.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 09:39:42 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 03:19:16PM +0100, James Heald wrote:
[...]
> A blog is all very well, but I think that there are some real advantages
> to providing a page like Swpatcnino, which can aim to be pretty
> comprehensive in terms of links, but limited to just a one-line summary
> for each item.
[...]
> * the bar is much lower for people adding stories, if they can just put
> up the link, and don't need to add any commentary.  (Though they could
> write and link one if they want).
>
> * it's useful to be able to scan through just the headlines, as a short
> index -- much easier than scanning down a whole blog; and easier to find
> or spot new items.
>
> So hence my suggestion, for someting much more like
> http://wiki.ffii.org/SwpatcninoEn   and much less like a blog.

Easiest way to do this would be: whoever wants to contribute adds an
entry to her/his own de.lirio.us bookmarks list, with a special tag
(e.g. "drn.press") and then the RSS feeds with this tag are aggregated
on http://drn.okfn.org/.

The news aggregator is already there, and adding feeds can be done by
any contributor.

Lightweight, easy and distributed - does it make sense?!

best,
Andrea