[drn-discuss] Some recent press stories

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Oct 13 05:38:28 CDT 2005

As already demonstrated by this thread everyone has there way of doing
things.

Personally I too like the low-tech wiki approach. However note that
drupal is *not* a blog. It provides lots more and it can certainly do
what you want for the list of links, either:
   1. create a story item with contents just being the link (and a
summary if you wish) and categorize its item types being link + news.
This will also get you a listing of links for free (just click on
category link on left).
   2. Alternatively you can have a dedicated page on a given topic and
just have everyone add to that page (just like in a wiki).

Drupal is very flexible: if you want to treat similar to a wiki you can
(you can then view the front page 'blog view' as simply the equivalent
of a recent changes). We considered a wiki when setting this up but
Drupal had several advantages:
   * easier to use for non-technical people especially for doing admin
such as permissions
   * easier categories (multiple categorization etc)
   * more plugins

Thus for the time being I would suggest giving the drupal system a go.
If it really does not do what you want post again.

Regards,

Rufus