[ECODP-dev] nginx configuration

Ian Murray ian.murray at okfn.org
Fri Dec 7 13:05:34 UTC 2012

Hi Bert,

/etc/nginx/conf.d/default : this is the configuration file as provided
by the nginx package.  It's originally called default.conf; but the
installation scripts rename it to default.
/etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf : this is the configuration file in
use.  (Note: multiple frontend-installations will keep copying over
default with default.conf; so will end up with an ECODP-looking
configuration in "default", which is probably the source of the
confusion).

Only those files in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ that match "*.conf" are
activated, this is due to this line in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf :

> include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;

So, "default" can be safely deleted if its presence is confusing; but
it's not having an effect on the nginx configuration.

 - Ian.