[ECODP-dev] [eu-odp-comms] cleaning of missing translation - some questions

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Thu Apr 18 16:59:04 UTC 2013

Hi Agnieszka,

Thanks for your email. Please see answers to your questions in line below.

On 18 April 2013 13:30, ZAJAC Agnieszka (OP) <
Agnieszka.ZAJAC at publications.europa.eu> wrote:

>  Dear Darwin,****
>
> ** **
>
> In order to clean the issue of translation in ckan and in particular to
> identify what terms are still missing for the 6 core languages and what we
> need to translate for the remaining 17 we would like to have some
> clarifications that would enable us to understand better the system and
> it's features.****
>
> ** **
>
> There are 2 aspects:****
>
> ** **
>
> **1.    ***Missing strings in 6 core languages*. We extracted them by
> clicking on button "Non Traduit". It gives us around 14 strings per
> language (see as an example excel file for FR). However, it seems that this
> list is not complete as for example the strings recorded in *Jira 226,*so called status values: "Completed, Deprecated, Under Development,
> Withdrawn" are not translated on the portal in the FR version while there
> exists a translation suggestion in Transifex.

Most of the strings in the site are part of the CKAN interface and have
been exported for translation. However there are some terms such as the
those in 226 which are either part of the configuration or are content
supplied by the publisher and therefore they aren't translated via
Transifex. To avoid this email becoming really long I have added some more
comments on what needs to be done to translate these terms on the ticket.

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/publications/jira/browse/ODP-226

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> So the questions are: ****
>
> **·         **What's the meaning of the status "non-relus"? Sometimes
> it's implemented, sometimes not? Or in case of JIRA 226 is an error
> (accidental omission) or it has some explanation linked to the status of
> this translation in Transifex?

Transifex has the option of creating users who are Reviewers for a project
and who can proofread and approve the translations provided by other users
in the project. Those labels refer to how many terms have been reviewed.
You can see more on this here

http://help.transifex.com/intro/translating.html#proofreading-translations

****

> **·         **How can we know which terms are approved and implemented in
> ckan and which not? How can we recognize which terms are coming from our
> translation suggestion?

Terms which are part of the CKAN interface use the translations from
Transifex. Content and controlled vocabularies are
translated separately (see comments above and on 226).