[ECODP-dev] Question concerning the CKAN API

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Wed Aug 7 11:39:35 UTC 2013

Hi Norbert,

Sorry for the delayed response. CKAN has a datastore which can be used to
store tabular resources directly so they can be queried via the CKAN API.
However it was decided earlier in the project not to use the datastore in
this project so it's not currently enabled so publishers can ignore this
field. We will look into whether we can remove this field from the form
during the next release.

The purpose of the API is to allow developers and other catalogues to query
the catalogue programatically. The CKAN API would normally be available at
http://open-data.europa.eu/data/api but has been temporarily blocked
pending the security upgrade. (Note we would recommend just blocking the
specific items we noted rather than the whole API)

The API doesn't display the legal notice. CKAN's API documentation (for
developers) is here
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/api.html and you can experiment with the
API working in the meantime on 10F's test site
http://odp.tenforce.com/data/api/

Please just let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Best,

Darwin

*Darwin Peltan*

*Project Manager  |  skype: darwinp  |  twitter:
@darwin<http://twitter.com/darwin>
*

*The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*