[ECODP-dev] web publishers interface

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Tue Aug 27 10:45:55 UTC 2013

Hi John and Darwin,

while testing the RDF I want you to point out some of the "issues" I
encounter during the usage of the web interface:

* On login I am transferred to a page with no data only "actions"
   The section "public activity" seems very weird here.
   Also all actions are covered in the top bar. So this page seems to be a
bit obsolete.

* On the resource editing page:
   The delete button is the first button you encounter. I clicked twice on
delete because I expected it to be the save button.

* selecting an other resource to edit is bound to the title of the resource
not to the button.
  With short titles one might select the wrong one, or one might think the
functionality is broken.

* The default resource type is set to documentation. Whereas the examples
in the resource page to start from is a "csv" which is more an upload
distribution. I think that that one is a better default.

* Bug / unclear functionality: adding a resource.
  on entering a web service and leaving the all the fields empty, CKAN
enters a lot of "default" values. It is unclear if this is valid /
desireable..

  E.g. I added for example the url
https://192.168.35.145/en/dataset/titel-test2.rdf

  and the system adds default values like format rdf, and a description.

* Bug: resources:

  not all resources are shown in the list:
     https://192.168.35.145/en/data/dataset/rdf-test2

   has many more resources, but some share the same url.

best,

Bert

--
Bert Van Nuffelen

Semantic Technologies Software Architect at TenForce
www.tenforce.be

Bert.Van.Nuffelen at tenforce.com
Office: +32 (0)16 31 48 60
Mobile:+32 479 06 24 26