[ECODP-dev] Query regarding CKAN and Drupal integration

Girts Niedra girts.niedra at tenforce.com
Wed Feb 6 10:20:16 UTC 2013

Guess they are suggesting to use an i-frame - so that the menu is defined
only in one place. This is quite bad practice imho in general.
"The only possible difference is that changes to the top navigation that
are made in Drupal won't show in the top navigation within the data
section?"
This is indeed their problem - but we created a small API from Drupal which
exposes the menus and the translations for automated integration (for now a
manual process afaik).

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Darwin Peltan <darwin.peltan at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
> The comment below has come up from Agnieska as something she'd like to
> discuss tomorrow.
>
> *The synchronization between drupal and ckan as regards the possibility
> to edit content on tabs like home, applications, linked data (when we want
> to modify the content of those tabs, while navigating from “Data” tab to
> modified tab we still find the old content). What we’ve heard is that it’s
> linked to using/not using I-frame.*
>
> As far as I'm aware there is no caching of content on the CMS pages. The
> only possible difference is that changes to the top navigation that are
> made in Drupal won't show in the top navigation within the data section?
>
> Best,
>
> Darwin
>
> Darwin Peltan
> Project Manager