[ECODP-dev] Follow up on sprint planning call yesterday

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Fri Jan 4 18:07:15 UTC 2013

Hi Bert and Luis,

It was good to talk to you both yesterday. Please see below some brief
notes summarising what we discussed in our call and a couple of other
points not discussed yesterday.

*Timings*
As a project team we are aiming to deliver release 8 in early March
following two 3 week sprints. This is based on the dates below
CKAN sprint 4 - From 7/1 - 25/1 (No release at this point)
CKAN sprint 28/1 - 15/2 5 md for ODP (Release at end of sprint)
PO test 18/2 - 22/2
Fixes & rework WC 25/2

Note that the OKF has 5 developer days available in each sprint giving a
total of 10 days for the next release.

The priorities for release 08.00 we discussed are below.

*Security*
Known OKF actions already complete.
- Limiting of* brute force attacks on the login page need to managed at the
proxy - Rate limit to 1 per second - PO need to be informed on this*
- Filter for user lists etc have been sent
- Have disabled password reset (in proxy filters and in code for next
release)
- User list and password reset functionality have also been disabled - This
change will be included in next release

*JIRA tickets*
- 10F haven't been able to get feedback on the priority issues due to EC
being away
- To be discussed and prioritised next week once Girts has meeting with EC.

*Linking to an external visualization of a dataset*
- We agreed that these would be added via the existing visualisation
resource type (so no development required)
- If time allows we could look at making this resource type more prominent

*Architecture*
- We agreed that creating automated installation scripts for the new
architecture isn't feasible
- We will start work on a joint document outlining our suggestions for how
to support the shared architecture (sessions, logs, postgress cluster etc)
- PO will then do most of the configuration based on the suggestions in
this document
- 10F will request the creation of a test environment that the EC will use
for acceptance testing of new releases.

*Not discussed yesterday*
- We would like to get the new design rolled out as soon as possible but
this hasn't been signed off by the EC. OKF will discuss with the EC.
- In order to shorten the communication loop and better understand the PO's
priorities it might help if I attended your next status call with the PO?

Have a good weekend,

Darwin

Darwin Peltan
Project Manager