[ECODP-dev] Ticket-180 - Github repository

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Wed Jan 16 12:12:20 UTC 2013

Dear Olivier,

This GitHub repository holds the code we've developed to customise and
extend CKAN for the EU Open Data Portal project. The OKF update this
repository with our code changes as the project progresses.

This sharing of the source code is required under the CKAN licence but more
importantly sharing the code allows other organisations to benefit from
having access to the the source code.

As an example the data.gov.uk team have published a post on their site
pointing to the repositories that contain their own extensions and the
other CKAN components that they use within the project.
http://data.gov.uk/blog/the-code-behind-datagovuk

It would be great to add a similar link from the EU ODP site.

Please let me know if there are any changes you'd like us to make to the
project readme file shown on the homepage of the repository.

Kind regards,

Darwin

Darwin Peltan
Project Manager