[ECODP-dev] catalog record fields

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Wed Jul 3 13:02:51 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

They are different: the 'added to open-data.europa.eu' fields are the
internal CKAN created/modified dates.

release_date and modified_date are keys in the dataset JSON object, and as
mentioned on the call they can be set to any valid date string.

The semantics from my point of view are basically to allow the PO to enter
their own dates here based on their own workflow process. These dates are
then independent of the CKAN database. For example, a dataset 'release
date' could be set to some value that is before this project even began, if
the dataset was available somewhere else online. However, you may need to
check with the PO for clarification.

Regards,
John