[ECODP-dev] Ticket-149

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Wed May 22 09:40:19 UTC 2013

Hi Jurgen,

I just wanted to pick up on one thing which was discussed during the call
yesterday. Modifying the sort ordering to be via unicode requires an
upgrade to a new version of Solr.

This has several important considerations
1. We have never used this version of Solr with CKAN so there may be
unforeseen consequences of the upgrade. This will mean that OKF and 10F
will need to do extra testing of the site in the acceptance environment to
try and spot any unexpected behaviour. Even so due to the compressed
timescale it's possible that issues may be missed.

2. If issues are found we are unlikely to have time to resolve them before
the release. In this case we'd need to switch back to the current version
of Solr and push this change into the next release.

3. Switching to a new version of Solr will also complicate the release
process.

With this in mind I think we can say that we will do our best to achieve
this for release 09.00 but as discussed last week it may not be possible if
major issues arrise.

Best,

Darwin

*Darwin Peltan*

*Project Manager  |  skype: darwinp  |  twitter:
@darwin<http://twitter.com/darwin>
*

*The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*