[ECODP-dev] Fwd: ckan issue when reusing uri's

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Tue Nov 12 09:56:16 UTC 2013

Hi John and Darwin,

We run our rdf2ckan tests again and we spotted the next situation. Can you
verify if our analysis is correct and if the validation rule in the create
is not active as we suspect.

Hereunder is the problem description:

When running rdf2ckan tests, I found an issue in ckan: I have two packages,
try-hijack1.zip and try-hijack2.zip that are uploaded to ckan. Both
packages have the same uri field (called url in the ckan json). They are
different packages (with a different name in JSON) and they also have
different publishers.

I run the tests two times. The first time, the packages are created. The
second time, the packages both return a CKAN validation error, saying that
the URL is already in use.

This means I can no longer edit the packages now. In fact, the error in the
validation is expected, but it should already fire the first time I run the
packages. As you said, the problem is probably that the ckan validation
only occurs during the update procedure and not during the create procedure.

I have included the reports from the two runs and the jsons for the
packages with this mail.

kind regards,

Bert

--
Bert Van Nuffelen

Semantic Technologies Software Architect at TenForce
www.tenforce.be

Bert.Van.Nuffelen at tenforce.com
Office: +32 (0)16 31 48 60
Mobile:+32 479 06 24 26