[ECODP-dev] Best usage of support and handover time

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Thu Oct 10 12:33:22 UTC 2013

Dear Bert and Jurgen,

As you're aware there is a very high volume of general support and
documentation queries coming through at the moment. We are very happy to
support the handover process but there is a finite amount of time that has
been budgeted for this phase which needs to last until the end of the year
and I am very concerned that at the current rate of queries we will have
exceeded the budget by the end of this month.

Therefore I think we need to be more selective in how we use this time so
that it can best benefit the new contractor and the project.

With this in mind I suggest the following actions

a) 10F need to remind the PO and the new contractor that support time is
time boxed. Therefore any support requests need to be prioritised.
b) 10F to triage and collate the requests rather than passing them straight
through to us. This will allow you to select the most important queries
that really need input from the OKF.
c) 10F need to create a roadmap of the documentation that's still needed so
that we can ensure that there is enough time left after support queries to
complete the documentation. We are still getting requests for significant
new pieces of documentation which haven't previously been discussed.

I'd be happy to discuss if you have any questions or thoughts on this or
other ways we can work together to make the handover as effective as
possible within the time available.

Best,

Darwin

*Darwin Peltan*

*Project Manager  |  skype: darwinp  |  twitter:
@darwin<http://twitter.com/darwin>
*

*The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*