[ECODP-dev] Help text for URI and name fields

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Tue Sep 3 20:15:45 UTC 2013

Hi Darwin,

I think your concerns are tackled by the PO. Within the EC the notion of a
URI is widespread, also the idea of dereferencable URI's within a
decentralize common dataspace. This is a strategic choice from PO.
All there communications towards the publishers tackle this properly.

There is actually more concern from their side about the "ckan" name (the
URL of the portal), and how to communicate that notion in a clear way to
the publishers.

best regards,

Bert

2013/9/3 Darwin Peltan <darwin.peltan at okfn.org>

> Hi Bert,
>
> Have you been able to come up with some clearer text for this? I think
> part of the issue is that the URI field is being used in a way that is now
> being used in a way not going to be useful to most data publishers or data
> users.
>
> As this is going to be a URI rather than a URL that users can browse to we
> should probably be hiding it from the dataset page...
>
> Best,
>
> Darwin
>
> *Darwin Peltan*
>
> *Project Manager  |  skype: darwinp  |  twitter: @darwin<http://twitter.com/darwin>
> *
>
> *The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*
>
> *Empowering through Open Knowledge*
>
> *http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |
> Blog <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |  Newsletter<http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>
> *
> *
> CKAN | http://ckan.org | @ckanproject <http://twitter.com/ckanproject> |open source data management platform
> *

Bert Van Nuffelen

Semantic Technologies Software Architect at TenForce
www.tenforce.be

Bert.Van.Nuffelen at tenforce.com
Office: +32 (0)16 31 48 60
Mobile:+32 479 06 24 26