[ECODP-dev] ODP - Review of website by DGT - release 1.00 on test website http://212.71.25.148/en/data

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Mon Sep 9 17:19:53 UTC 2013

Hi Agnieszka,

Thanks for your email. Please see comments on the relevant items below.

****

> ** **
>
> ****
>
> **

I'm not sure that we can change this for a specific language. We will have
a look.

> **
>
> **3.    **Information about dataset.****
>
> I don't know that what extent it's possible to implement given different
> lv of the icons but it would look nicer if the length of the boxes be equal.

As we don't know how long the box needs to be for different languages the
size of the box is dynamic.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> * *
>
> **
>
> **4.    **Search cloud****
>
> Please put the link to the corrected version attached ****
>
> **

There doesn't seem to be anything attached - Please can you resend?

* *

> **5.    **Box: search within Data provider****
>
> a/ the space is missing between string: "search witin" and name of data
> provider coming from NAL

We will look into this.

> ****
>
> b/ long name of data provider is hidden (maybe the box could adapt
> dynamically by providing second line for the whole name to be displayed)

This type of field can only contain a single line of text. Is it possible
to shorten the text at all. If not we could change it to a generic "Search
this publisher" for all publishers.

> ****
>
> * *
>
> **
>
> * *
>
> c/ in Polish the string "Szukaj zbiorów danych" should be completed with
> "Szukaj zbiorów danych pochodzących z"

Please edit in Transifex although this will exacerbate the issue above.

> ****
>
> * *
>
> **
>
> * *
>
> **6.    **Could you apply the most recent NAL? We will try to import to
> 00.09 when it's installed, too.****
>
> *A new Metadata Registry NAL publication is available: 20130902-0
> (release date: 02/09/2013). The latest version of the NALs (Common
> Authority Tables (CATs) and ATTO tables) can be consulted on the public MDR
> website (http://publications.europa.eu/mdr)*
>
> * *
>
> **7.    **The translation of the sentence for acceptance of privacy
> notice is missing (we are checking if this has been provided), the link to
> privacy notice is missing (pending on our side).****
>
> ****
>
> **8.    **In Polish, About tab. Two question marks are missing.****
>
> ** **
>
> ****
>
> * *
>
> **9.    **The format that I marked below seems strange. Does it really
> exist on the format list?****
>
> **
>
> **
>
> **

Please can you send me a link to that dataset on the test site?

> * *
>
> **10.  **Is RSS supposed to work at this stage? It doesn't.

We will look into this.

> ****
>
> **11.  **In PL for example (the other lv to be checked) translators
> decapitalized the title of the portal so now we have inconherency with the
> title (image) and the rest of the content.****
>
> ****
>
> **

This will need to be corrected in Transifex please so it's consistent
between languages

> **
>
> **12.  **While being on *https://212.71.25.148/pl/data/user/login* (data
> provider's area) and clicking on "Contact" in the header the result is the
> following

We will look into this with 10F