[epsi-coord] Request from Juan/Commission Fwd: PR/ Awareness Raising activities
Katleen.Janssen at law.kuleuven.be
Fri Apr 8 10:34:31 BST 2011
No immediate other ideas apart from e-mail, mailing lists and twitter. I have some other mailing lists that might be used, I'll look up the addresses.
The full programme of the LAPSI conference should be almost ready, I hope...
dr. Katleen Janssen
K.U.Leuven - Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT
B-3000 LEUVEN - BELGIUM
[t] +32 16 328 707 [f] : + 32 16 325 438
[e] katleen.janssen at law.kuleuven.be
[w] www.law.kuleuven.ac.be/icri/ - www.ibbt.be
From: epsi-coord-bounces at lists.okfn.org [epsi-coord-bounces at lists.okfn.org] On Behalf Of Ton Zijlstra [ton.zijlstra at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 11:04 AM
To: epsi-coord at lists.okfn.org
Subject: [epsi-coord] Request from Juan/Commission Fwd: PR/ Awareness Raising activities
this was just e-mailed to me by Juan. The Commission wants us to pay more attention to three events: LAPSI conference, the Share PSI workshop, and the DAA meeting.
Of course I already announced the various events and they are in our 'meeting hightlights' list, and they were tweeted. But it seems a more coordinated communication approach is wanted for the coming weeks.
I would appreciate suggestions you may have on this. For now come to mind:
- hightlight all three events on front page (the SharePSI thing already has a banner, I can make two additional banners)
- send out an e-mail to our list (3100 people) highlighting these three events, with sign-up dates / deadlines etc. Repeat that in the run-up to the events with more details (like summary of online discussion on these events?)
- schedule tweeting about it on a regular basis, with RT requests (like every day / other day)
- spread the word again to some mailing lists we are on (okf lists, pro-bono publico, Austrian and Swiss OGD lists. others??)
- any country specific platforms we can post to (digitaliser,dk (DK), ambtenaar20.nl<http://ambtenaar20.nl> (NL) come to mind: please suggest others you have access to.
And: turn this into a to do list / check list to deploy at will for other things (as is bound to happen).
Looking forward to hear some suggestions from you, and I will work them into an overview.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Juan.PELEGRIN at ec.europa.eu<mailto:Juan.PELEGRIN at ec.europa.eu>>
Date: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Subject: PR/ Awareness Raising activities
To: ton.zijlstra at gmail.com<mailto:ton.zijlstra at gmail.com>, tom.kronenburg at gmail.com<mailto:tom.kronenburg at gmail.com>
Cc: Gudrun.Stock at ec.europa.eu<mailto:Gudrun.Stock at ec.europa.eu>, Richard.Swetenham at ec.europa.eu<mailto:Richard.Swetenham at ec.europa.eu>
I would appreciate if you could prepare a coordinated communication strategy on the 3 relevant actions below in the Platform:
- DAA Open Data and re-use of PSI. Brussels 16-17th June
- SharePSI.eu - May 10-11 Brussels
- LAPSI meeting - Milan 5th/6th -May
Although you have already picked it up could you please prepare some actions promoting the events either in the from page, notifying it at regular intervals to your stakeholder list and through twitter, and /or through any alternative channels you may deem appropriate.
It is my understanding that Ton will be at the - DAA Open Data and re-use of PSI. Brussels 16th June. We have been requested (top management) that real time reporting (twitting) on the event and a summary of the discussions is finalised immediately after the event for its wide dissemination.
Could you please confirm that you will be there and that you can undertake this task?
More information about the epsi-coord