[epsi-coord] Request from Juan/Commission Fwd: PR/ Awareness Raising activities

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:04:52 BST 2011

hi all,

this was just e-mailed to me by Juan. The Commission wants us to pay more
attention to three events: LAPSI conference, the Share PSI workshop, and the
DAA meeting.

Of course I already announced the various events and they are in our
'meeting hightlights' list, and they were tweeted. But it seems a more
coordinated communication approach is wanted for the coming weeks.
I would appreciate suggestions you may have on this. For now come to mind:

- hightlight all three events on front page (the SharePSI thing already has
a banner, I can make two additional banners)
- send out an e-mail to our list (3100 people) highlighting these three
events, with sign-up dates / deadlines etc. Repeat that in the run-up to the
events with more details (like summary of online discussion on these
events?)
- schedule tweeting about it on a regular basis, with RT requests (like
every day / other day)
- spread the word again to some mailing lists we are on (okf lists, pro-bono
publico, Austrian and Swiss OGD lists. others??)
- any country specific platforms we can post to (digitaliser,dk (DK),
ambtenaar20.nl (NL) come to mind: please suggest others you have access to.

And: turn this into a to do list / check list to deploy at will for other
things (as is bound to happen).

Looking forward to hear some suggestions from you, and I will work them into
an overview.

best,
Ton