[epsi-coord] OKF's tasks @ ePSI platform

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Mar 14 16:14:07 GMT 2011

Dear all,

We had a disucussion (Jonathan, Daniel, Antti and Jason) about the OKF tasks and responsibilities.

 * Daniel is the number one contact person (conveniently located in Berlin), but most work is devided equally between Daniel and Antti
 * Jason is the project manager taking care of the controlling tasks in WP1
 * Jonathan will be supporting from the background, only workdays marked "Media outreach strategy".

Here are some questions that we have and some defined tasks that we will be doing / contributing.

We identified two tasks to do first: 1. Helping with building list of sources and 2. Media and outreach strategy. So we propose to start with this.

We would like to try to *group tasks together* rather than have them spread over the two years of time, so we could get things done focus  and in an efficient way. Of corse there might be some tasks that require work / attention on a more regular basis. For most of the tasks a close communication and coordination with the team will be essential!

Best regards
Daniel

The number refers to the number of days for OKF in the original plan for the whole project period.

WP1: Project management

Inception report        1
>> Task: We didn't participate in this, add the day in the progress monitoring

2 Periodic Technical Reports        1
Final Technical Report        1
>> Task: We keep track of our own doings in clear manner, so that it is easy to include our contributions into the reports. Internally we use basecamp for task deviding and time tracking.

Progress monitoring        1 + 1 =2
Financial control        1
>> Task: Jason will do the monitoring

Advisory Board        2.5
>> Task: We will participate in the first AB meeting which is the most important. Antti will participate from distance and Daniel will be there IRL

Total WP1        7.5

WP2: Content production

Transition:
Defining functional spec (2d)        2
New CMS implementation (Drupal) (2d)        2
Migrating existing content, maintaining permalinks/or redirects (5d)        5
Design (1d)        1
Implementing design (2d)        2
Technical maintenance        5
Changes to site / design        2
reworking existing content into viz        3

>> Task: Tech work is no longer resposibility of OKF.
>> Question: what is with the maintenance? is there an extra package for maintenance? or is it these 5 days?

Editorial work
1040 news items        6
>> Task: approx 70 news items for OKF, may be devided so that we contribute more intensively during some three month period and write 2-3 every month

6 news letters        2
>> Task: one news letter edited by OKF, see the point above

building list of sources        2
>> Task: both Daniel and Antti interested to participate in the process of building the system of following the sources. It's important that the whole team has same access to the sources, so that we can easily step in when needed.

fact sheets per stakeholder per sector        1
>> Question: What are these and how many 10? Are these same as the one-pager information sheets? It would be good to establish a list of "fact sheet topics" in the same manner as with the topic reports. OKNF can take responsibility to produce X nr. of the fact sheets depending what these are?

starting and maintaining Twitterlists / blogrolls / linklist of people / orgs in PSI / country / sector / stakeholder        3
>> Question: Is this task related to building list of sources? if so it should be done at the same time.

Maintaining calendar of relevant events across countries/sectors        0
>> Taks: Antti and Daniel share contacts and infors we have with team

Advisory service
developing and maintaining MS PSI scoreboard        2
>> Question: participating in this either in the building phase or in maintaining it?

24 topic reports         4
>> Question: where is the final list of topic reports? Task: decide on one of them with the team and write one topic report

Total WP2        42

WP3: Community building

community stewarding        0
>> Task: forward items and assist to the Steward :)

12 guests blogs        2
>> Task: recruit 2-3 bloggers. Question: what does part of existing activities mean? Also check with team about for what aerea and sector the new bloggers should cover?

2 EPSI Conferences        6
>> Tasks: OKF contributes about 10% of the works allocated to the conferences. So we will not be the mian organisers but available and willing to help

2 EPSI sectoral workshops        2
>> Question: what are the sectors exactly, how many? which two sectors will have their own workshops? OKF participate in one?

24 Mission Meetings (including 8 EPSI sponsored)        6
>> Tasks: We will engange, accompany or be presend in at least 4 Mission Meetings

Media and outreach strategy        8
>>  Task: This is a OKF only task! - we will come up with the strategy proposal as one of our first tasks in March & April, 3 days for Antti, 3 days for Daniel and 2 days for Jonathan

Ask an expert service        6
>>  Task: We will be guiding people to ask the questions and engage and answering on some questions

Total WP3        30