[epsi-coord] Update, for Monday 21st

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:40:03 GMT 2011

Hi all,

As I cannot participate in the conf call Monday 21st, here's a short update
of my activities:

As decided in the last call, I have made a template checklist for our
ongoing activities regarding content. For a bunch of content types I have
added a sheet to a file, where it list the items currently in the idea
phase, planning phase, or execution/completion phase.
Whatever info I had on topic reports, mission meetings, lawsuits, and other
stuff I have put in there. I think for now this is a workable way to keep
track of the various deliverables, as well as provide the basic info for us
reporting on those deliverables to the EC. You can find the sheets in a file
called 'epsi mastersheet' in the Tasks folder in Dropbox.

Also I have spoken again to Peter Rukavina regarding the site transition.
The basic idea currently is that Tom and I can move forward in the coming
days with specifying the new site, while Peter can dive into what is needed
to migrate the existing content into a new environment. This will be some
work in parallel as of course the new site determines what the existing
content needs to migrate towards. Peter is not available in the coming days
(holiday with his son) so I quickly spoke to him before he left. I'll
schedule a call with Tom, Peter and me early next week. Tom and I will work
on the new site design in the coming days.

I have been adding the first bunch of feeds I track to the
info at epsiplatform.eu Google reader account (use the regular login info you
already have, and have a look at reader.google.com.)
In the list I imported I have now labelled all feeds based on their
geographic location (ie by MS, outside EU etc.). The next step is to label
them by content orientation (some are e.g. hackers, data journalism, about
SemWeb or policy etc.)
And I will start adding Twitterlists-feeds in the coming days as well. Of
course there's a large number of feeds etc that could still be added, and
far from 'complete'. It's a work in progress. When the basics are there I
will start doing 'hunts', i.e. pick a country and spend a frw hours to
actively search for sites/blogs/people from there, likewise for topics. For
instance, I'm currently looking at the Czech republic and Slovakia.

And of course, I posted some great news items! :)

best
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra