[epsi-coord] Invitation to speak at ePSI platform Conference 2012

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Tue Feb 21 13:27:31 GMT 2012

Hi Harry, David,

thanks you for the swift replay.

On 21.02.2012, at 14:16, Harry Verwayen wrote:

> Dear Daniel,
> Thank you for this information, I hereby confirm my attendance. I am copying
> my colleague David Haskiya who is also on the programme so that we are all
> in the loop.

Good point! I have also added Hans Graux and the ePSi team in CC.

> We propose that David will talk about our efforts to apply open
> data within Europeana (through hackathons etc.) and that I will talk about
> our strategy and advocacy postition (business model, data exchange
> agreements).

Excellent idea! We are discussing the plenary and we think it is a bit unbalanced.

So right now we are looking for some one from a GLAM institution that would be able to play the counterpart (e.g. against or critical about the proposed amendment of the PSI directive to extend the scope of the Directive to include data from cultural heritage institutions). Any ideas on this?

> Could you please remove Vanessa Proudman from the programme as
> she is no longer working here, and put Europeana behind my name instead of
> Open Glam?

done!

All the best
Daniel