[epsi-coord] Daniel, tips for news items next week

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:50:34 BST 2012

Hi Daniel,

To help you with news items next week, here are some things you could write
short items about:

events taking place next week (these events were already announced, but
maybe you can post some output):
1) PSI Alliance conference in Brussels, Marc will be presenting here!
http://www.psialliance.eu/
2) EU Data Forum where you will be at data-forum.eu
3) BODDy in Berlin
4) Archeological open data event
http://mappaproject.arch.unipi.it/?page_id=1258&lang=en
5) SNCF Transilien hackdays in Paris

Other things:
5) An interesting decision in Switzerland on meteo data:

http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/schweiz/kein-neues-wetter-institut_1.17097514.html

6) Event and competition later this month in Basque country

http://www.irekia.euskadi.net/es/news/10753-irekia-organiza-curso-sobre-periodismo-datos-del-junio

7) Maybe somehting on open data in Greece:

http://blog.okfn.org/2012/05/30/thessalonikis-open-knowledge-networks-build-community-the-greek-way/
http://www.slideshare.net/OKFN-GR/bratsas-greek-open-data-current-status-and-the-okfn

8) report from the Finnish Institute in London now available in Finnish as
well

http://www.finnish-institute.org.uk/images/stories/pdf2012/nkkulmia%20avoimuuteen.pdf

9) competition at personal democracy forum

http://personaldemocracy.com/pdf-applied

And there is bound to be much more happening. The #opendata stream on
Twitter is usually very useful, and also we have our Google Reader
epsiplatform account!

Tips on posting:

Do not use 'introduction' text field in the post form. Instead use 'split
summary at cursor' in the body field. This summary should be very very
short (look at front page in news section, how it appears there)

If you post pics or add other html to embed stuff set the input format
below the body field to PHP.

For each news item and event item you MUST add an image. These are of 124
by 108 size. I usually make a quick screen capture of a logo of photo on
the website I am taking the news from (see front page of platform to see
how that shows up).
Ignore the News/Events categories field, Short Title and anything with 'EZ
Publish'. These fields have only been used to import old content over into
the new platform.

In total there should be 10 postings in the week. Spread them out over the
week (you can adapt the posting data in 'authoring information' in the
posting form).

best, thanks,
Ton

Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra

ton at tonzijlstra.eu
+31-6-34489360

http://zylstra.org/blog

*Share your real life open data experiences,*
*observations and anecdotes:*
http://epsiplatform.eu/content/share-your-story