[EU-lobby-data] Fwd: Re: [datacrunching] conference call to plan further steps on data crunching tool early September

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Sep 5 13:09:07 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I'm very sorry for my no-show yesterday! I terribly underestimated
distances here and was still in a car. Still, I see that you discussed the
crowdsourcing item and would like to add two updates from my end:

1) We (the European Journalism Center and OKFN) have received funding to do
a Euro-themed hackday in London in November. The idea is to do a three-day
coding sprint to develop tools for journalists relating to a specific
dataset. I mentioned that we could use the lobby data as a foundation for
this and this seems to be agreed as a topic now. Would any of you be
interested in joining us as domain experts for the event? (November 24-25)

2) I've been doing some work to create a cleaner backend, which also
integrates the expert groups. There isn't a demo yet, but the basic stuff
is working and I can provide expert group membership data quite easily if
that's useful to any of you (updated re Rob's 2009 stuff).

Greeting from freezy South Africa,

- Friedrich