[EU-lobby-data] doodle for next cleaning sessions plus two proposals

Olivier Hoedeman olivier at corporateeurope.org
Mon May 6 15:46:40 UTC 2013

Hi there,

let's move quickly and agree on the date and times of the next (two?)
data cleaning sessions in the run-up to June 4th. Here're a doodle to
fill in: http://www.doodle.com/ax95d8skeisbffw4

I had a talk with Friedrich during the Dataharvest13 conference in
Brussels this weekend; the cooperation with Spiegel-online would consist
of Spiegel-online launching a crowd-sourcing initiative focusing on
largest German companies and other German actors in EU lobbying, ranked
per sector. This would not limit the independence of Lobbyfacts but just
be a great addition, for instance in terms of tagged data, visibility
and visitors to the website. And it would enable Friedrich to spend time
on lobbyfacts. I am much in favour of going for this proposed
cooperation (as are Erik and Ester at CEO).

I also think it would be wise to not do a press event on June 4th, but
simply launch the first edition of the website with a press release that
features one or more attractive stories based on lobbyfacts data. The
workshop for journalists in Brussels could then happen later, for
instance in early July. This would make the June 4 launch more feasible
as it delays a big organising task (the press event). What do you think?

I'll contact Natacha and Timo about this tomorrow.

friendly greetings