[EU-lobby-data] abbreviations and fun facts for dodgy data report

Timo Lange timo.lange at lobbycontrol.de
Tue May 21 14:27:44 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

sorry I missed the call before. I was tied up in another meeting... The
news of Friedrich leaving are not very encouraging. Did you ask him if
he can recommend someone to replace him?

Attached is my list of abbr. I didn't find a lot this time. But for the
dodgy data report the harvest has been quite nice.

Best, Timo
--------------------------

- Intercity Consulting International: Only one declared customer (EU
Parliament) worth <50k, but overall turnover 100-150k
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=49734755777-97

- Josef Frank Consulting: They declare lobbying turnover only between
07/2011 and 11/2011. Only one client (<100k), but turnover 100-150k.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=89850787225-81

- Luther Pandragon Brussels (There is also another firm called just
Luther Pandragon). They have 8 clients, 2 of them with turnovers between
50k and 100k but declare only 100-150k overall turnover - which is only
is possible if all of the 6 other clients generate almost nothing.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=58186246516-27

- NAVARRO Y LLIMA: Only 1 client (<50k), but overall turnover 100-150k.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=40203837518-51

- PaySys Consultancy GmbH: Again, declared client turnover does not fit
with declared overall turnover. Also, they say they have 5 people (FTE)
in Brussels... who don't seem to get a lot of money if there turnover is
only 100-150k.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=41992129328-73

- PLEIONE Inc: Again. Only 1 client (<50k) but turnover 100-150k.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=09402593157-87

- Porter Novelli: Also have 5 people employed but only 100-150k turnover.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=74101855410-40

- sigma sei: They declare 18 lobbyists, but turnover is only 100-150k...
with only 1 customer below 50 k (Florence University of Arts).
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=44835178512-45

- THE OPEN ROAD CONSULTANCY: They even have 25 lobbyists which they seem
able to pay having a turnover of 100-150k.
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=61970366508-95

- Euventures: Best one today. Overall turnover 140k. Clients? They say
"EU NGOs", generating 1250-1500k. They seem to do a lot of work for
MEPs, especially Greens. Heidi Ruehles name pops up quite often:
http://www.euventures.eu/aktuelles.htm
They also seem to answer citizen's questions for MEPs.  They also claim
to be a member of the Greens in Brussels. How can a consultancy be a
member of a party?
http://ec.europa.eu/transparencyregister/public/consultation/displaylobbyist.do?id=19619257184-36

--
Timo Lange